Contract Type: Conventional Bid
Contract Amount: $103 million
Location: Broward County, Florida
Client: FDOT Turnpike Enterprise
- $103 million project including seven miles of Florida Turnpike widening, seven bridges, six miles of soundwalls, 685,000 cubic yards of embankment and 110,000 tons of asphalt.
- The de Moya Group achieved several milestone bonuses and the project was completed more than 200 days ahead of schedule.
- The de Moya Group submitted several Value Engineering Cost Proposals for the project that were approved by the Turnpike including a one-mile box culvert redesign.
- The de Moya Group also provided $15 million in savings to FDOT at project bid time.
- Extensive utility coordination was required due to a major gas main relocation during construction.
- Work required complex construction sequences in conjunction with lane closures to maintain traffic on the Turnpike during nighttime construction operations. The project required approximately 80 major traffic switches on the Turnpike.
- The de Moya Group achieved a Final Contractor Past Performance Rating (CPPR) of 97 for the project.